The goal of the project SPATIAL II, which will be implemented in the period from 1st February 2020 until 31st December 2022, is to strengthen the professional access to real estate information in the West Balkans countries.
The project is part of the pre-accession program MATRA and it support activities that strengthen the relations between the Netherlands and countries from MATRA. This is the first project whose purpose is to improve and harmonize geospatial information between the countries from the West Balkans.
The organizations involved in the land register and cadaster are key players in providing high-quality geospatial information. This is the case in EU member states, but also in West Balkan countries. These organizations will be authorized to deliver spatial information to the society.
The project will contribute to the support of the national mapping, cadaster and land register agencies for:
- Effective management of geospatial information;
- Enhanced capacities, capabilities and transfer of know-how;
- Integrated geospatial information systems and services;
- Higher economic returnson investments;
- Programs for sustainable education and training;
- Recommended international cooperation and partnerships;
- Stronger national engagement and communication;
- Enriched social value and benefits;
The project will support the Agency for Real Estate Cadaster of the Republic of north Macedonia in the following segments:
- Address Register: defining supply chains with data and delivery & integration of the data;
- Topographic maps: creating better opportunities for innovations and creativity to bridge the digital gap;
- Institutional development: promoting the management model for institutional strengthening of AREC and creating a cooperative business environment with data sharing with other institutions.
The project SPATIAL II anticipates three types of activities for improving the capacities of the national mapping, cadaster and land register agencies in the West Balkan regions. Support will be provided for:
- Regional workshops;
- Expert missions;
- Study visits to the Dutch cadaster.
SPATIAL II is a project that will be implemented by the end of 2022 and will contribute to strengthening the professional access to land information in the Balkans region. The Republic of North Macedonia is also involved in the project through the Agency for Real Estate Cadaster.