The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency – Sida continues to support AREC’s development towards turning this institution into a modern and efficient institution competent for geospatial data and real estate rights, following the example of modern European cadastres.
Hence, the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency – Sida has supported AREC in its efforts through providing additional assistance in the form of a donation by financing the ‘Capacity Building for the Implementation of the Strategic Plan of AREC 2009 – 2012’ Project.
The project aims to support AREC’s capacity in the fruition and implementation of the Strategic Business Plan of AREC 2009-2013.
The Project implementation period is 3 years, it started in November 2009 and the project’s finalization will be in December 2012.
The value of the project is SEK 26.033.400.
- Digital maps
- Effective Business Processes
- Human Resources Development
- Implementing a system for maintaining alphanumerical cadastral data in Macedonia
- Established database integrated in the e-cadastre
- An e-cadastre roll-out plan implemented
- Implementing an electronic front desk for electronically submitting applications from professional users
- Introduced data dissemination system from AREC to the end users
- Efficient business processes introduced
Functional cadastral maps system
- WEBGIS – an integrated Internet service that allows viewing of AREC’s geospatial data and searching through real estate through graphical displaying of the location.
- Introducing a functional editor for maintaining digital cadastral maps
- Introducing a system for creating metadata for the establishment of the National Spatial Data Infrastructure
- Defined spatial units
- Introducing an active GNSS reference system – MAKPOS, which allows the use of modern satellite geo-positioning technology
- Establishing an absolute gravimetric network
- End User training for using the GNSS reference network
Effective Business Processes
- Improved business planning
- Introducing electronic payment of AREC’s products and services through POS terminals / bank cards (Visa and Mastercard)
- Developing new business areas
- General standardization of the work procedures
- Developed data policy
Human Resources Development
- Awareness amongst the staff of AREC’s business concept
- Better trained staff in communicating with clients
- Staff better motivated