The regional project- Strengthened Professional Access To Information About Land (SPATIAL) in the Western Balkan Region–is funded by the Netherlands’ Ministry of Foreign Affairs within the MATRA pre-accession program. The MATRA program is operated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands and aims to give support to the countries of the region of Southeast Europe in the process of joining the European Union. The Regional MATRA project is planned to help the countries of the Western Balkans in the process of harmonizing and improving the access to available geospatial information. The access, transparency and use of professional geospatial data will enable the making of efficient and effective decisions and conducting policies from which the society in general would have the greatest benefits.
The project will be implemented in the period from 1st January 2017 to 31st December 2018, the total project budget amounts to 530,000 Euros and is conceptualized in three project components:
- Project component of the Agency for Real Estate Cadastre, Republic of Macedonia ,
- Project component of the Republic Geodetic Authority, Republic of Serbia, and
- Regional project component.
The Agency for Real Estate Cadastre in cooperation with the Netherlands’ Cadastre, Land Registry and Mapping Agency, worked on the preparation of the project activities referring to the project component of the Agency for Real Estate Cadastre, namely:
- Increased use of geospatial data and services through the National Geoportal of the Republic of Macedonia,
- Preparation of a plan for completing The address register in the Republic of Macedonia,
- Strengthened institutional structure and management,
- Strengthened institutional and organizational capacities of AREC, in the performance of functionalities aimed at providing services,
- Increased use of geospatial information for making a massive assessment,
- Enhanced awareness and knowledge of the open data concept.
More details about the project here.