The development of modern European trends in the field of land administration imposed the necessity of developing cross-border, regional cooperation with the neighboring countries, especially taking into consideration the initiative of the European Commission to develop a European spatial data infrastructure beyond national borders of each country.
Project aims to promote Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI) and further coordinate its implementation in the Western Balkans in order to prepare beneficiaries to meet with the objectives of the Inspire Directive.
Overall, the project aims to lay the basic preconditions for the sustainability of spatial data infrastructures in the region, as is the development of public awareness, changes in legislation, training, exchange of experiences and knowledge etc. with the aim of developing a favorable environment for accurate , up-to-date, high quality, well structured and accessible spatial data at local, regional and state administrative bodies in the Western Balkans.
Project Beneficiaries are countries from the Western Balkans: Albania, Bosnia and
Herzegovina, Croatia, Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Kosovo under UNSCR 1244/99
Financial support by EU contribution with EUR 1 500 000.
Time framework : 2012-2014
Having in mind that it is a regional project, the project organization involves coordination with all institutions for cartography and cadastre in the region. So , in late November 2010 was formed and the project Steering Committee composed of directors of national cadastres of the region.
Main beneficiaries: National Mapping and Cadastre Authorities (NMCA’s) as principal coordinators and focal points;
Secondary beneficiaries: Universities providing education in surveying, geodesy and geomatics; Ministries of Environment;
Tertiary beneficiaries: NSDI stakeholders, e.g. other governmental institutions, especially Ministries of Agriculture (LPIS), statistical offices, local authorities, geological and hydrograhical surveys, private surveying, GIS and GIS and geomatics commercial sector, research organisations.
- Support three Annual Regional Cadastral Studies and organisation of three annual Regional Cadastre Conferences
- Regional Infrastructure of spatial data and studies on education for land administration;
- Regional SDI Legislation Framework Analysis and Regional SDI Establishment Recommendation Report
- Regional Public Awareness Study and Regional Public Awareness Recommendations Report
- Regional SDI & Land Administration Capacity and Education Recommendation Report
- Establishment of a regional spatial data infrastructure, a report with recommendations;
- The legislation of the country’s infrastructure of spatial data, recommendations and draft
- Support the organization of capacity building and education in the field of measurement and geomatics ,conference on Spatial Data Infrastructure
- Organization of seminars for INSPIRE implementation and its relevance to any society;
- Organization of workshops in each country involved to implement the themes in terms of delivery analysis and recommendations;
- Campaign to raise public awareness about each of spatial data infrastructure and reform of land administration in terms of conditions